Construction Estimator Job Description
At Ariston Tyko, our vision is to be a great builder and our purpose is to fulfill our customers’ needs completely. We are looking for a hardworking Construction Estimator to join our team! As a Construction Estimator, your main responsibility will be to estimate the work of particular projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents. The estimator is responsible for the overall project estimate. They will work with clients, architects/engineers, subcontractors/suppliers to plan cost factors for building projects; analyzes construction documents, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Explore documentation in order to gain a deep understanding of the project requirements.
- Visit sites, warehouses and other venues necessary to complete the estimate.
- Perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics.
- Create and present estimates to review in bid closings.
- Analyze and evaluate subcontractor proposals.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and estimates cost of materials, labor and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the contract.
- Studies specifications to assist the operations team in planning procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Reviews design documents for proper information to receive accurate pricing from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key vendors.
Construction Estimator Requirements
- Previous working experience as a construction estimator of at least 5 years.
- In-depth knowledge of project management.
- Previous general contractor experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret contract documents and specifications.
- Ability to effectively present technical information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Intermediate-level computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheet programs and package estimating systems.
- Experience working with CAD
- Programs used:
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Teams
- Building Connected
- Research Skills
- Managing Multiple Projects
- Computer/Technical Literacy
- Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Detail Oriented
- Salary to be determined/negotiated by education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.